Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing # 10 - Virtual Worlds

So, this is my first time hearing of this and when I first read the directions, I felt totally overwhelmed! What the heck is this? Very interesting. After playing around with it - I had a lot of fun. One downside, I feel like I would have to have some serious extra time on my hands to fully explore what all the Second Life has to offer. For the short amount of time that I played around with it, I had fun creating my new persona. I dare not tell my husband about this site - he would become addicted! There seem to be some really cool things that you could use it for. I love the idea of a virtual classroom - I would really like to try this out with my students, but I have quite a bit of learning to do before I venture out on that idea.

No comments: