Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thing # 3 - Like Skype

I had no clue that this type of technology was out there! Of course, I felt that way about most of the things that I learned last summer with 23 Things! Interesting. I'm not sure that this is something that I would ever personally use; it is a little out of my comfort zone. Saying that, I honestly don't know if it is something I would even want to take on in my classroom. I think that it has many benefits - especially if you were able to connect with another class and discuss something, but I have to wonder how effectively those conversations could be monitored within a class full of students. This might be something that the librarian could have set up in the library for a small number of trustworthy students to experiment with...I'm just not sure about it.

1 comment:

L'l Bit said...

I can see the potential if you cannot be at a meeting and you were able to "tune in" via your computer. Or maybe in the future, if a student is ill at home, they could tune in to your classroom! The possibilities are endless!