Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing # 18 - Online Productivity Tools

Hate to complain, but it took forever to download Open Office. I am familiar with Google Docs, so I wanted to try the other. It is a great alternative to MS Office, but I really dread changing from something I'm familiar with. Google Docs is a great way to share handouts, PowerPoint, etc. One of my coworkers has been using it this summer and sharing documents with me through email. It's worked out well. I also like the little email that they send you when someone wants to share a document.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

The free online tools are great for our students who may have the Microsoft products. Yes, it takes a lot of time to download, but worth it if you don't have other production tools. This may remove some of the stress students feel when all the projects come along.