Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing # 21 - Podcasts and Audio Books

Okay, so to be honest, this is probably my least favorite thing. I had a lot of trouble downloading the Photostory; it kept saying that I needed some other program. When it finally downloaded, I realized that it would take a lot of time to upload pictures, then if you wanted to do a narration, that would be more time spent. I got a little sick of it. I did a really simple picture story using pictures of my own kids and then I parked it in Switchpod, which was fairly easy to use. Still not 100% sure about it though.

However, I do see a great deal of potential in using this in the classroom, especially the idea of having students do book talks. I love the idea of it, but honestly the practicality of it did not appeal to me. At the same time, I know the kids would love it.

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

Just keep Photostory in the back of your mind as a possibility for studnet projects. Once you get the hang of it, it can be fun.

Librarian Peggy said...

How did you get your video into switchpod? I created a video with music using Photo Story...it was another techine way than using PPt.
When I put the video in my blog, it had no sound.