Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing # 23 - Thoughts about This Program

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Favorite discovery was the Comic Strip generator. I think that I could most easily incorporate this into my English classroom. My favorite exercise would be the blogging experience in general. I started out so nervous and unsure of what to expect and it turned out to be a really worthwhile experience--time consuming, but worth the effort.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
After completing all of the things, I feel more confident in my ability to use technology and very much empowered. As I've gotten older, I see the gap growing between myself and my students and the biggest reason is technology. This makes me feel more connected to the ever changing world we live in.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was surprised at how easy most of the things were to use. I seriously have always feared technology because I just didn't get it. Now, I do still struggle with uploading and downloading stuff, but I learned a great deal of useful knowledge and stuff that I would greatly try to implement into my classroom.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I think it worked well the way it is set up. The directions were clear and easy to follow. I only once wanted to throw my computer to the ground, so format wise it was good. The concept is fantastic. I wish that more online professional development opportunities were offered. This has been the best I've had in my 10 years of teaching.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Absolutely! Just give me a warning on how time consuming it would be...this was a little more time consuming than I anticipated.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
Best professional development I've had in 10 years!!!

3 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

Congratulations on completing your 23 "Things" journey! You have been a very, very busy blogger since I last checked your posts. Great to see that you have picked up some ideas and resources that you will definately use in your classroom. Please promise that you'll display student projects using these new techniques -in our library (of course!)

J-Lib said...

You go, Working Mom. Checked out your blog because I, too, am a working mom librarian. Although it's summer and this is the only 'work' I'm doing and my kid is in daycare today and I'm still only on thing 12. Gotta get my hustle on...

LKP said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this! You had good comments about the different aspects and we appreciate all that you share. Your posts were great and I enjoyed reading them. Great job!