Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thing # 7 - Google

I found Google Advanced Search to be extremely helpful. I did a search on A Raisin in the Sun powerpoints and was amazed at what came up. It was a lot easier than just doing a regular search and having to go through all of results to find the type of file you are wanting to use. I also think that Google Scholar would be useful in my English class; especially if you are wanting to find background information on a specific author. I thought Google Earth was really neat, but I don't know how I would incorporate its use. Google Calendar would be good for setting up team meetings and plans.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I enjoyed the Google toys, too! I'm working on several ideas that I'm thinking through that I can teach others - and use myself. I think kids will have a great time with some of these - and they're probabaly way ahead of me using them!

bookeatersclub said...

Google has really evolved. There is so many useful tools for teachers, students and regular people...

Good to read that you have found ways to use it to facilitate in your classroom.